Zachary loves playing games on my iPhone. Very early on, I learned to put my phone into airplane mode so he couldn't accidentally dial Japan. Also, many "free" games on the iPhone are ad supported and they've started putting "convenience" links in them so you can buy stuff from within the game. But as long as you have your phone in airplane mode, you're safe (b/c the game can't change the network settings, only the user can). And I never bothered telling Zach I was doing this, b/c I figured why would he care.
The other day I'm sitting on the couch next to Zach and he's playing away. I look over and he's playing a game that I know won't work unless you have the network turned on. So I ask him:
Daddy: How did you get that game to work?
Zach: Well, it wouldn't work at first. But I had to go in and turn on the Tornado. Then it started working just fine.
At first, I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. I added the screen shot of my phone above so you can see what he was talking about. The "Wifi" icon in the upper left corner (to him I suppose) looks like a "Tornado". He must have been watching me and saw that every time I handed him my phone, I turned the tornado off and made it look like a little airplane. So he fixed it by chunkin' that airplane right into the tornado! Game on!
Also keep in mind that to turn airplane mode on/off on my phone is in the Settings menu and its TWO menus deep. And he can't read.
So the "Lesson of the Tornado"... They're ALWAYS watching.... =)

No comments:
Post a Comment